Mushroom is getting very popular when people came to know about its usefulness. This particular food item is rich in nutrients and is also having healing properties.
Now mushroom plantation requires professional technique. Different mushroom species are being grown at the different season. In Indian weather, mainly three types of mushroom grow economically- button mushroom, Straw mushroom, and oyster mushroom. Among these three types, we are growing oyster mushroom with proper care.
Our process of oyster mushroom cultivation in winter:
There hardly a human can be found who does not love to eat mushroom. ow easily grow this healthy and tasty food item at your home without any hassle and get the best yield after four to six weeks. To cultivate the winter oyster mushroom, we follow these processes:
• Compost making is the first step which is done in open. They can be cultivated on clean raised platforms made on your rooftop. But the place needs to be raised at the water will run away. No rain should be allowed to fall on the compost. Even synthetic compost is being used for the mushroom farming process. The ingredients are rice bran/wheat bran urea, gypsum, calcium ammonium nitrate or sulfate.
• After compositing, it needs to be filled in the trays. This ready compost is dark brown in color and has no odor. It should be not very dry nor very wet. If it is extremely dry, then sprinkle some water on it. If too wet, then let the extra water evaporate. Fill the trays up to the brim and then level it on the surface.
• Now comes the spawning of the mushroom mycelium into the beds is called spawning. We do it in either two ways- mix the spawn with the compost before filling the tray or scattering the compost on the bed surface in the tray.
• The optimal temperature required for the growth is 25 degree Celsius. The humidity must be maintained by sprinkling water on the walls and floors. But it has to be confirmed that no fresh air find a passage. Normally it takes 12 to 15 days but can be longer than that too.
• You will now find the white cottony growth. Then the casing has to be done. It has to be done with the mixture of the soil of cow dung and garden soil. The casing has to be spread over the compost at 25 degree Celsius for 72 hours.
• Just after 15 to 20 days of the casing, small white colored button heads appears which will develop within 5 to 6 days. Now they are ready to harvest.
• Harvesting needs some skills where the cap or the top has to be twisted off gently. On an average, you will get 3 to 4 kgs of mushroom per tray.
• This is best to consume fresh. But of refrigerated it can stay fresh for one week. You can also plant oyster mushroom in the same way as we have done.
Benefits of mushroom and how to add them in diet:
These fresh oyster mushrooms are loaded with lots of nutrients. They are low in calories and free of fat, cholesterol, and gluten but high in plant protein. Great source of vitamin B, selenium, potassium, copper, and vitamin D. also this food is having great healing power to many diseases. Add this superb food item with your veggies or with the soup or even you can grill and broil them. Even the roasted mushrooms are tasty. In any way, they are helpful for your body.
Buy this fresh oyster mushroom at the cheapest price and make delicious mushroom recipes this winter.