Got a craving for pizza but you are committed to a healthy diet? Well, now you can satiate the cravings minus the calories. Here’s the trick. Stir up this easy to make soup which tastes just like a pizza and is loaded with goodness.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (red, yellow, orange or green will work)
- 250 grams Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ribs celery, chopped (celery isn’t normal on a pizza, but it does add some nice flavor, you can leave it out if you prefer)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning blend
- 500 gms ground meat
- 200 grams sausage, sliced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 8- 10 tomatoes, crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Black Olives
- Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, celery (if using), and garlic. Stir to combine, reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid. Let the mixture cook over low heat for 30 minutes. Stir in the salt and Italian seasoning blend. Transfer the vegetable mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the now empty pot. Add the ground meat and sausages. Cook until the meat is browned and break it up using the back of a spoon. Add the vegetable mixture, chicken stock and crushed tomatoes. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Serve with freshly ground black pepper and olives.
- Serve it alone or top with cheese. If you’d like a bread on the side, go ahead.
Try this recipe and let us know in the comments how you liked it. We are sure this is going to be one of your favourite recipes.